.NET Developer (Junior to Mid-Level)
This role will perform a variety of .NET programming and systems operations tasks.We are mainly looking for an individual which has an interest systems performance, optimizations and basic familiarity with stock markets.
- Design and develop User Interfaces and server side code for web applications and systems that drive the InvestorsHub website.
- Code, test and troubleshoot problems, utilizing the appropriate hardware, database and programming technologies.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending/developing detailed programming logic and coding changes.
- Use test driven development practices to develop programs.
- Implement new systems according to specifications.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Provide assistance to other team members when they are integrating with systems failing within your areas of expertise.
- Adhere to InvestorsHub development standards and coding style guide.
- Fully and thoroughly test your code, referring to your Manager always if in doubt.
- As a professional developer you will also be proactive in your own career development. As such, learning new technologies and sharing new findings with the team will be seen as improving your own status with the company.
- Willingness to learn and be highly motivated about the tasks.
- Strong software knowledge of Windows Server, Linux, VB.NET, MSSQL Server.
- Be able to code object oriented VB.NET code, write MSSQL queries and implement APIs, in order to build end to end web applications.
- Knowledge of performance factors, such as caching of requests and others which may boost the speed of delivery of our services (Redis, Memcached).
- Able to utilize sub versioning systems such a Git.
Extra Skills (for bonus points):
- Experience in transitioning to and utilizing cloud-based systems and services (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Understanding of client side technologies such as Web Sockets.
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Python, C++, Go, etc.) and be able to choose the right tool for the job.
- Experience with Nant.
Other Requirements and Qualifications:
- Academic level:
- Ideal, but not a requirement, a degree in Computer Science or similar subject.
- Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years professional programming experience.
- Mobility Requirements:
- Be able and willing to travel when required (not often).