Web Application Developer (PHP, JS)
ADVFN is a long established, but enterprising company in the finance technology sector, and we're looking for an engaging full stack developer to join our development team in Tallahassee.
You will be part of an international team of developers working to maintain and improve existing legacy code and implementing new features to our increasing user base. You will also work in implementing financial tools and get the chance to develop cryptocurrency and blockchain applications.
- Design and develop User Interfaces and server side code for web applications and systems that drive the ADVFN website.
- Develop cryptocurrency/blockchain applications.
- Develop financial tools for our userbase.
- Maintain and improve website code written in PHP.
- Work with Web Socket technology and handling of real-time data.
ADVFN provides comprehensive stock market and cryptocurrency information to the private investor. The website, accessible via desktop, mobile and app, caters for the sophisticated investor. It offers real time prices, news feeds, portfolio management, monitor lists.
- Fluent knowledge of the PHP language, especially its Object-oriented concepts.
- Good knowledge of Git.
- Knowledge of SQL systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of the Unix command line and file system.
- A cover letter submitted with job application
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, C++, Go, etc.) and the ability to choose the right tool for the job.
- Full stack development skills and being able to implement the LAMP or LEMP stack.
- Virtualisation and knowledge of Docker.
- A chance to work with a fast moving, dynamic organisation, involved with leading edge finance and technology.
- Work in the lovely Tallahassee, Florida.
- Work with a small, committed team of highly skilled developers.
- A chance to work with a large codebase that serves millions of users worldwide.
- Salary: 40-60k based on experience and demonstrated skills